Over here at ‘(In)courage – home for the hearts of women’, there is a growing list of BEST books, BEST recipes, BEST music, BEST everythings…… add yours and you can win Ann Voscamp’s book/devotional “1000 Gifts” (or can purchase at Koorong Bookstore Online here).
Here’s my list …
- BEST song 2012… “Blessings” by Laura Story
- BEST book 2012… “1000 Gifts” by Ann Voscamp… every friend who has had a birthday or needed encouragement (or for no reason at all!) has been given this book this year! It’s been a blessing in my life these last few years to see and focus on and write down 3 gifts each day.
- BEST (easy) recipe 2012 … CADA that’s for sure. CADA (made in the Thermomix – 2 seconds!) or (made in a blender) consists of a handful of Coconut (shredded), handful of Almonds, handful of Dates, and an Apple (cored) => blended for a couple of seconds to make a beautiful, sweet, grain-free, healthy breakfast! Top with some yoghurt.. or kefir! or just eat it plain – YUM!
- BEST family experience…. my husband and I and our children all saw our calf being born one Saturday morning. The photo below is just after it was born. It was the first time any of us had seen a cow give birth – what a miracle!
5. The BEST website 2012 … GNOWFGLINS – God’s natural, organic, whole Foods, grown locally, in season. WHAT a name! and what amazing things Wardee does in her ‘homestead’. AND when I started this blog in Nov 2012, I was featured in her Down Home Farm Tours (click the picture below to see!!).
6. BEST project to support for 2012 – Support for Children with Autism in Tajikistan – My friend, Karen, who has just returned from Tajikistan, has set up this amazing project that raises awareness and supports children who experience Autism and their families. This project has to raise $5,000 from 40 donors by December 31, 11:59 PM EST to earn a permanent spot on GlobalGiving!!! Please consider giving today – Donate here.
7. BEST quote found on Pinterest –
8. BEST picture posted on Facebook –
9. “BEST things in life are free …. ”
10. BEST new blog on the internet … www.hillshomestead.com !!!
What are your bests of 2012??