It’s funny how what we value changes over the years. I am continuing to count 1000 gifts (along with everyone else and Ann Voscamp), and I would never have dreamed even 10 years ago, that I am SO thankful now for the following ….
1. Waking up to THIS beautiful family ….
2. Eary morning walk …
3. Seeing the sunrise, the colours… AMAZING… the fresh morning air … AMAZING …
4. An outdoor SHADE
5. A child’s handmade ‘happy birthday’ SIGN
6. Scrambled EGGS/TOMATO/CAPSICUM and something else!? I couldn’t guess 🙂 made by my 7 yr old
7. Hot COFFEE poured by my husband
8. Phone calls from family …
10. Making MESS in the KITCHEN and girls making LEMONADE to have with dinner
11. Kefir milkshakes in the sun
12. Boys occupied and HAPPY and safe
13. New chicks hatching EVERY day
15. Children holding life tenderly and carefully …
16. Breathtaking moments
17. The 4 yr old boy innocently and gently finding out how many chickens will fit into a tissue box …. stopped by his mother just in time!
18. A gentle father teaching and training and leading by example
19. Homegrown cherry TOMATOES
20. Exuberance and ENERGY and a 1 yr old’s love of life and adventure
21. Encouragement from a fellow hills JAM maker (thanks Jenny! YOU are inspiring)
Gift numbers 22. to 34…. see the gifts pictured below. Even a year ago, who would have thought I would get so excited over some Quinoa, an African handwoven basket (yes, I’m an OT, no, I’ve never woven my own basket!), some ‘naked’ food, Fairtrade coffee beans, a beautifully handmade bag, homemade snacks in blue and white Op Shop tins … thanks everyone ….
35. Laughing and chatting with FEET in the cool water down at ‘mum’s creek’ ….
(and I’ll squeeze in a number 36. A huge dinner with family and friends to complete a perfect day … feeling blessed and loved and glad to be alive … )